Energinet.dk’s role in the Danish electricity retail market
Energinet.dk owns and operates the Danish DataHub – the central IT-system that facilitates and automates the execution of market processes and business transactions in the Danish retail market. Furthermore, Energinet.dk is responsible for establishing the rules applying to the retail market within the frames of the electricity regulation (Elforsyningsloven).Through these tasks and in close cooperation with market parties and authorities Energinet.dk is responsible for ensuring a well-functioning electricity retail market.
Recent initiatives by Energinet.dk on the electricity retail market
Energinet.dk aims at collaborating with a wide range of players and stakeholders to ensure that small as well as large consumers, electricity suppliers, grid companies and authorities are involved in the work.
Recent initiatives include:
· Implementing the supplier-centric model – a new market design with the
objective to increase competition and stimulate the development of new products
and services to the consumersservices to the consumers
· Implementing an upgrade of DataHub – the technical prerequisite for the
· Participation in the re-launching of Elpris.dk - a website on which Danish
consumers can compare electricity prices and products from different suppliers
through a price comparison tool
· Implementing access to DataHub data varying across purpose and user – e.g.
a third party access-solution and research solution through Statistic Denmark
· Participating in the creation of a common Nordic electricity retail market
Learn more about the Danish electricity retail market and DataHub through this introduction.