Our gas engineers inspect the gas transmission network by car five times a year: Twice a year they inspect the entire network, and three times a year they scrutinise the urban areas close to the pipelines. In selected places the engineers perform gas leak testing, which means that they use a special device to detect any gas leaks.
In both types of inspection, the engineers check:
- that the marker posts are still visible
- that no plants with extensive roots grow across the pipeline
- that unauthorised digging is not being performed or has been performed at an earlier stage
- that no new construction work or other unwanted activities are ongoing
- that no gas is detected when preventative check measurements are being made.